Ready steady, BAKE: Healthy Choc-Chip Oat Cookies
I love baking but find I don’t have a lot of time to do it, because even though a recipe may be “quick”, the prep and shopping and washing up afterwards are all time consuming. So you must know that these cookies are pretty darn good if I put in the effort to make them!
I started experimenting, looking for the perfect recipe for Choc Chip cookies, with all the indulgence but none of the guilt. I was tired of my husband eating shop-bought (cheap) biscuits and knew I needed to find the perfect biscuit to keep him from the biscuit aisle!
Most of the recipe’s I found had a nut component in them, which wouldn’t work as my hubby doesn’t eat nuts. So after a few tweaks and substitutions I’m proud to present to you, the best, yummiest, chocoliest, guilt-free choc-chip cookies ever!
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats (you can also use gluten-free Oats)
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt ( I use Pink Salt)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 50 grams Softened Coconut Oil (odourless and organic if possible)
- 50 grams Softened Butter
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essenca
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips ( I use the Goodness Me brand from Dischem)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together Coconut Oil, Butter, Sugar and Honey with handheld beater
- Add egg and Vanilla and beat on low to medium speed till fully mixed in
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl with a large wooden spoon. You’re going to need to use some muscle here (gym session sorted 😉 )
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to scoop individual cookies onto a prepped baking tray (or two)
- Bake each tray for 12 to 15 minutes
Makes about 2 trays of cookies (24+) depending on how generous your are with your portions.
I hope these make you as happy as they ave made my friends and family
PS: Thank you Cupcakemummy for the kick-up the pants to share this recipe!